CU Studio is a ThinqStudio project at the University of Colorado Denver School of Education & Human Development (SEHD). CU...
Web ServicesMatt Mitchell
Service and Support policy
CU Studio is a project at the University of Colorado Denver (CU Denver) School of Education & Human Development (SEHD). Inspired by a Domain of One’s Own, we provide users with their own domain name (URL) and assist with respective web hosting. CU Studio is being developed and maintained by faculty, students, and technologists within the SEHD.
We are currently a small pilot group, investigating the viability of a larger scale implementation of CU Studio for the SEHD and the university at-large. These are the policies for how we hope to support and extend these services.
- Faculty, staff, and students can receive one primary domain/web site.
- Users of the system are expected to abide by all federal and state law (including copyright and intellectual property law) as well as by CU Denver’s Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources, CU Denver’s Student Code of Conduct, and CU Denver’s statement of community values.
- CU Studio may remove any content that is found to be in violation of any of these laws, policies, or standards.
- Sites may not be used for nonprofit or for-profit businesses or organizations and may not act as gateways for financial transactions. In addition, domains may not be used for events that are non-recurring or do not involve the CU Denver community.
- CU Denver may terminate this project at any time. Users will be given the opportunity to take personal ownership of their domains and export all of their content if the project should end.
- Academic programs may not use CU Studio as a primary or alternative web site. Programs should reside on the CU Denver primary web site.
- Anyone who receives a domain and hosting space may continue to use it for as long as they are a part of CU Denver. Upon leaving the university, access to hosting space will become unavailable and domains will no longer be renewed.
- The SEHD provides support and assistance via the CU Studio knowledge-base.